Cannabidiol, also called CBD, is a compound that occurs naturally in the cannabis and hemp plant. CBD is very therapeutic and lacks the intoxicating effects which come from consuming THC, the primary psychoactive cannabinoid.
CBD is not related to any health risks but due to the lack of regulations on CBD products, some manufacturers may sell counterfeit CBD products which can lead to health-related problems. Therefore, it's recommended to read the contents of the CBD and buy only for reputable sellers.
The effectiveness of CBD has been an ongoing research for quite awhile. Recently, the UN acknowledged CBD’s medicinal value and decided to remove it from the list of controlled substances. This means researchers can freely conduct studies on CBD’s effects without any prosecution. Also, this change will greatly impact the cannabis industry, in terms of removing barriers and bolstering legalization efforts around the world.
How does CBD work?
When we consume CBD, it binds to the body’s receptors, bringing about physiological responses and homeostasis (balance). CBD interacts with the CB1 & CB2 receptors in our bodies, a part of a larger endocannabinoid system.
When CBD interacts with bodily receptors, it helps to regulate and balance bodily functions like mood, discomfort, and relaxation. Therefore, its essential to supplement the body with natural cannabinoids such as CBD to help balance the body.
Benefits of CBD
The popularity of Cannabidiol is due to its ability to relieve many conditions. Since it lacks mild and occasional side effects, some people prefer to use it over conventional pharmaceutical drugs. CBD helps the body stay healthy and function normally or contributes to general well-being in one of the following ways:
- Helps with movement disorders
- Disorders in the central nervous system affect movement can easily be relieved by using CBD. CBD maintains healthy lung function, support cartilage and joint function, reduce stress, helps relieve tension, and promotes relaxation. CBD acts to relieve movement disorders by interacting with bodily receptors responsible for movement.
- Acts as a mood booster
- CBD can enhance boost mood by increasing the production of dopamine within the body. Dopamine is a compound responsible for improving mood and eating disorders. Dopamine also generates the feelings of relaxation and contentment. CBD enhances mood by relieving anxious feelings and distress. Mood increase can be beneficial for people who want to perform certain activities that requires energy
- Helps with discomfort
- One of the primary reasons for CBD’ effectiveness is its ability to relieve different types of discomfort. CBD has wellness properties that can help with chronic discomfort, and act as an alternative to conventional painkillers. CBD interacts with receptors in the body in charge of discomfort to bolster the immune function, promotes relaxation, enhance mood and reduce discomfort. Especially when you use an infused bath bomb
- Helps with anxious feelings or distress
- Anxious feelings and distress make simple operations become difficult. For example, talking to people can become difficult due to anxious feelings. CBD can reduce anxious feelings due to its calming properties. People with anxiousness can use CBD to get a better night’s rest, reduce tension and stiffness. CBD can also be used to enhance clarity and focus.
And this isn't even a full list of benefits! For years, CBD has gotten a bad rap - mostly due to a lack of awareness and we're hoping to change that! After quite a bit of research and many personal stories, we're excited about things to come as CBD usage becomes mainstream.
It's also important to note that hemp-derived CBD is legal in all 50 states =) So as you consider adding this to your supplement regimen, I recommend a "low and slow" method. Start with a low dosage and slowly gauge your results. More on dosing soon...